19 May 2009

KitKat's Vet Visit - Graphic!

I took KitKat to the vet today. For the last few days, she has been bleeding and what I thought was in a heat. Well, the other night I picked her up the bring her to the bedroom and when I went to go lay down, I had blood all over my shirt.. yeah, really gross. I thought that she would just get better and everything would clear up by the next day so I kept her in the big bathroom for the night.

This morning, it was a lot worse. I was talking to some coworkers who said that it was not normal, so I called the vet and they wanted to see her. About two months ago, she snuck out of the house and today I was thinking.. "what if she got pregnant and is trying to have babies now?" I mean, it's unreal how nasty it was.

The receptionist was like, "Ma'am, where is she bleeding from?" and I was like "Well, out of her hoohah.. duh!" :)

Well after a few x-rays, she's not pregnant.. but the doctor thought that she may have been. She said, "when you get home, look around to see if she had a stillborn delivery." This is so gross, I know. Our house is pretty much organized and everything has a home.. and nothing seemed out of place. I checked every nook and cranny and found nothing.

The vet also said that it may just be a urinary tract infection that she gave her medicine for but also said that everything on the x-ray showed that she is overall pretty healthy. If everything doesn't clear up in about a week, I have to take her back. Oh and she said that as far as the messy stuff goes [to put it lightly], keeping her in the bathroom would be fine for now and she will get herself all cleaned up.

Eww.. thank gaaaawd I'm not a KitKat.. poor thing!

2 comments:

Jovina and Bill said...

oh no! Poor kit kat. I wonder if she was just having a really nasty heat? Must have been a lot of blood. Hope she gets better if she's not already.

Jovina and Bill said...

yes! I know that SF commercial you are talking about! I LOVE it!
Yes, I will be your photographer, anyday! :)