26 March 2009

Birthday

So today I am officially 21 years old. It's kinda funny because the older I get, [not implying that I'm ancient or anything] the more I can see how different I've turned out vs. how I always thought that I would be. I've always imagined my 21st birthday partying it up and the things that most 21 year olds do.

However, today I've given much more thought to my actual birthday.. as in the day that I was born. It's crazy how much I've thought about babies lately.. must be from preparing to start a fertility treatment. Not to mention, I stayed up until 2:30am watching reruns of Jon & Kate Plus 8. [I love that show!] I almost feel like I should call my Mom up and tell her happy 21st anniversary from the day that she gave birth to me. I'm not even a Mother yet, but this birthday just seems different.

Of course, I don't remember the day that I was born.. but I just imagine what it was like. For the first time, I'm seeing my birthday [my time to party, eat cake and open gifts] as the anniversary of my birthday, what it really is. I guess when you've got babies on the brain, you view the world in a totally different way. I'm looking forward to celebrating a new birthday.

Also.. in case you didn't know: Calories do not count in a birthday cake. :)

1 comment:

Jovina and Bill said...

Happy Birthday you old goose! I love your last sentence. Classic!