01 May 2009

What's going on?

Today I went and got the MMR shot at the Health Department so that took care of one more of the things on my "to do" list. Money is tight and fertility is expensive yet I'm so excited at how much closer we are to starting treatment. The shot wasn't that bad.. a little sting and a little expensive.. but if I were to get the Measles, Mumps, or Rubella during pregnancy, it could be fatal for the little one. So, it was definitely a neccessity and well worth the peace of mind.

I've been dreaming a lot lately.. nothing new.. but my dreams have been really strange. I can honestly remember up to 4 dreams the next morning. I've always been that way. It's extremely rare that I wake up and don't remember at least one. I also have really bad, scary and graphic dreams. It's been explained to me that it has a lot to do with what you eat before bed and levels of anxiety. We all know that I love a late night snack and anxiety is probably something that I will always deal with. So, one of my bad dreams the other night was that I was pregnant and my baby had been diagnosed with T18.
Because I've been doing a lot of fertility, baby and pregnancy research lately, I've come across a lot of interesting things. One of these things, I happen to come across by accident.. kinda. See, I like to Blogspot page jump, mainly because I'm curious and nosey, and I found this page dedicated to Mary Grace Summons. Mary Grace was diagnosed with Trisomy 18 (or T18 or Edwards Syndrome) while still in the womb. I've never in my life heard of T18 but since stumbling across her page, I have literally done hours of research out of curiosity and interest. Mary Grace only lived 7 short hours, but with T18.. she was very fortunate to have that long. My heart goes out to these families who are blessed with these miracles like Mary Grace but are also faced with a huge challenge (to put it lightly) on dealing with this situation. I was truly touched by this story and T18 babies and families have definitely been added to my prayer list.

Due to the fertility treatment, I have literally thought about babies and all things that go with them, 24/7.. which brings me to my next subject. Coincidences. You know how when you want to have a baby, you see a bunch of pregnant women and babies? Yeah, well it has been bad lately. I'm talking waitresses, people at the walking park, friends, check out ladies, etc. I only pray that it's part of God's plan for me to experience those same things.. I sure hope so. If not, I'm convinced it's a conspiracy. :)
So one more coincidence.. as I'm typing this, our local news report is covering a "Health Watch" story on birth defects. Also, I was watching "Deliver Me" on Discovery Health the other day and they mentioned T18.. like I said, something I would've never known about until recently. Maybe I'm just "overdoing" my research and just need to relax. I just fear that when/if the day comes and I am pregnant, that I will be uneducated or unprepared.

One last thing, I wanted to mention.. The Shack! If you do not have this book, please go out and spend the $15 to buy it. It is very well worth the money. I'm not much of a reader but I have been so caught up in this story and have found so many answers within myself through the character that I've always questioned. This book really just puts it out there and keeps me wanting for more. You may also go to the website: http://www.theshackbook.com/. I wouldn't mention it if I didn't believe in its message. Thanks Mrs. Terri for convincing me to buy it!

1 comment:

Kim (marygracesummons.blogspot.com) said...

Hi Miranda,
You are so precious. I know the anxiety you are feeling as I have had infertility in my past as well. Thank you for highlighting Mary Grace and for praying for our family. Prayers have carried us the last two years that's for sure. I love hearing about more people that Mary Grace touched so thank you!
I will be praying that you will be blessed with a precious healthy baby and that God will erase the fears and doubt in your heart. You will be blessed if you rely on our Savior!
Ps. 94-19 - "When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul!"
Is 59:b " When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him"
And never forget Jer. 29:11!!
With love in Him,
Kim