13 July 2009

1st Cycle - 3rd Appointment

Still no ovulation. Basically, I'm just not responding to the treatment. I'm going back in on Monday the 20th. The 21st is the cutoff date per se. If I'm not ovulating by that time, then they will stop the cycle and try something else for the August cycle. Something else would be to either increase the dosage or to try a new medicine.

Mrs. Terri is a straight shooter and she pretty much told me that she didn't think this was going to be our month. I asked her what the percentage rate is or how many months on average does it take for women with PCOS to get pregnant using fertility treatments. Since everyone is different, she couldn't answer my question accurately. She did say that because I'm in a lot better shape than most PCOS women and I'm only 21 years old that my chances were very high once ovulation occurs. She said, "if we can just get you to ovulate, there's no doubt that you'll get pregnant right away.. we just got to get you ovulating."

We're still in good spirits, just hoping for our quarterback. (Refer to the last post for that one.) :) As I've said before, money is tight and fertility is expensive.. but so are babies. Who knows what the future holds but we can at least enjoy the present right? Once again, thanks for reading. Hopefully better updates next time.

No comments: