01 November 2009

Thank You for Holding, this is Miranda..

Oh how I've so much to blog about! I know I've been a lazy blogger lately, but I've had so much going on. This weekend, I finally took time to spend with my band.. you know my Guitar Hero XBox band. :) I love that game!! I pretend like I'm good at it and I get to really dancing around and then Bryan walks in and I stand up straight and act like I wasn't just dancing like an idiot. I overheard Pat (our friend) say the other day, "Miranda takes this way too seriously." Haha!
So, I have a new job. Not by choice, I have been actively putting out resumes to find a new occupation. The Agent that I work for (did work for) advised us on October 1st that she would be retiring at the end of the month requiring that all staff prepare for new jobs starting in November. Some took an early retirement, but the rest have all found something new. So Friday was my last day at her office. There were a lot of tears shed, but we are all so blessed to have something else lined up. We had a really nice dinner at Bonefish Wednesday night and Friday was our last day. Although, I am sad to not be with the people that I have grown to love, I am excited about what happens next.
So I have to tell you about my new job. Starting tomorrow, I am going to be at an independent agency that specializes in homeowners and auto insurance. I am going to keep up my Life, Health, and Variable Annuity License, but I won't really need it here. He is basically a one-man show who needs someone in the office while he sells outside the office. I'll be doing everything from answering phones and filing to selling and servicing. I'm really excited about the diversity and independence of the job. I have three years of insurance experience, but this independent agency is a first for me. We'll see what happens.

So since I haven't been on any medications since we decided to quit the fertility treatments, I can feel the difference in my body. I've put on about 4 pounds, my face has been breaking out again, and I've been extremely fatigued. I took about a two hour nap yesterday and today. Normally, I can't handle too much caffeine and I've had coffee almost every morning during the week. Who knows.. maybe it's all in my head. I thought that the custom of women was upon me at one time, (haha) but turns out, I was wrong.. so that sucks. I've taken 3 pregnancy tests in the last month, all signs point to "NEGATIVE! - That's what you get for not treating your PCOS!" PCOS symptoms are very similar to those of pregnancy. Oh and the other day I took an ovulation test (which was also negative) and as I put the box back under the sink, (it comes as a multipack kit) I read something along the lines of "Women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) may receive unclear results from this test." I was like.. "Well great! Baby, listen to this!" We should really buy stock in the ClearBlue Company.
So the best part of my day today is definitely that it is mine and Bryan's *One Year Anniversary! No, no special plans today, but I can't believe that it has been a year already! I love him with all of my heart and I feel so blessed to have him in my life. We are just hanging out at home together today, but he's watching the race, so I took a minute to catch up on this thing. He woke me up this morning and the first thing he said was "Wake up sleepy head." and as I was opening my eyes, "Happy Anniversary!" It was so sweet. It came up on us fast it feels like, but I don't feel at all like it was a hard year. I've heard that the first year of marriage is the hardest, but I don't feel like that's the case with Bryan and I. I mean, other people and circumstances have been hard on us, but we have worked together like a team and became stronger through it all. Thank you Bryan. I love you with every part of me.. forever and always.

No comments: