26 July 2009

Genesis 1-4

Genesis 1: (27) So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. (28) God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground."

Genesis 2: (7) the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being. (18) The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him." (21) So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs and closed up the place with flesh. (22) Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. (23) The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman,' for she was taken out of man." (24) For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

Genesis 3: (12) The man said, "The woman you put here with me--she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it." (13) Then the LORD God said to the woman, "What is this you have done?" The woman said, "The serpent deceived me,and I ate." (16) To the woman he said, "I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you." (17) To Adam he said, "Because you listened to your wife and ate from the tree about which I commanded you, 'You must not eat of it,' "Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil you will eat of it all the days of your life. (19) By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return."

Genesis 4: (1) Adam lay with his wife Eve, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain. She said, "With the help of the LORD I have brought forth a man." (7) If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it."

I know that most people will not comment or even read what is in italics but this is my blog and I found great understanding in what is stated.. maybe you will too. Please don't miss out.

1 comment:

Jovina and Bill said...

I read it! :)
And I got your name to add to my blog list. THanks so much for keeping up with it~