26 July 2009

Starting Something New

Some of you may find this to be silly or whatever but I've been doing a lot of thinking.

Bryan went to do a service call one day to a woman's house. This woman was celebrating her 98th birthday when Bryan showed up to fix her kitchen sink. She has always requested Bryan to do her plumbing work and knows him well. As a gift and a "good luck" for the fertility treatments, she gave him a bible.

Ever since that day, and I think it's been about a month or so now, I've thought about reading it. I'm not real religious, nor do I claim to be. I don't attend church every Sunday morning or read the bible everyday.

I do, however, believe extremely in the power of prayer. I do have a relationship with God and I do trust in his word. I've never been much of a bible-reader because I've never really understood it so I gave up on that a long time ago.

Today, I started reading the bible again. I signed up for Christianity.com and they have this online bible that you can read, highlight and make notes. It is made so easily to understand and study. I'm posting this for two reasons: (1) to share what I came across with you, in case you're interested; (2) to stick to what I've started, I easily get burnt out on things and this is something that I know will benefit me and my quality of life and I don't want to give up.

I'll be posting as I come across things to share and I encourage you to take advantage of this free offer. I truly believe there is so much comfort, guidance and answers in the word and I can't wait to see for myself.

1 comment:

Jovina and Bill said...

oh! Im gonna check out that website! Thanks!