26 August 2009

2nd Cycle - 3rd Appointment

We went to the doctor again on Monday and still nothing impressive. At this point, we are a little disappointed but also trying to keep a calm mind and still look at the glass as half full without getting our hopes up. I guess that's all you can do.. to stay sane anyway. :)
We have started the Atkins diet (as of Monday) and obviously, no results yet. The Atkins for Life book is what we've been guided by so far. Mrs. Terri made me feel really good when she said, "I don't want you to watch your sugars to lose weight, because I think you look great. We just want to get your ovaries working."

She advised that PCOSers like myself, will see an improvement in their reproductive system before they will in their weight. So this could be very rewarding, although very hard at times. *Cookie dough and M&M McFlurry's are my weak moments.* :/

So, I've recently finished the book of Exodus and I've started reading Leviticus and still learning so much. I have to remind myself sometimes that I'm not just reading a fiction and that this stuff really did happen. I believe in the Lord with everything but it's still hard to comprehend some of the things that happened long ago. It definitely keeps my interest though.

Bryan's birthday party was this past weekend and I must say that it was a pretty good turn out. We had an adult-size inflatable waterslide and played on it all day. [He's just a big kid.] It was so fun! Tricia took some pics, so I will post as soon as I get them.

No comments: