12 August 2009

2nd Cycle - 1st Appointment

Spoke too soon? So I must admit.. although my last post was exactly the way I was feeling at that time, I have yet again changed my mind. (This stuff really makes you crazy, I guess.)

I talked with a few close loved ones who convinced me that giving up on something we really wanted to do may not be the answer to my problems. Besides, what doesn't kill us will make us stronger, right? So we have decided to muster up enough (hmm what word goes here? everything!) to go forth with another cycle.

Our new cycle will be 100mg of Clomid for 5 days (starting Friday) and an HCG injection sometime in the next two weeks or so, I think.

We went in for our first appointment for this cycle today and so far, so good. We really won't know anything until our next appointment on Wednesday. At this point, there's about 21 small follicles on one ovary and about 25 smalls on the other. Also, for the custom of women is upon me. (Haha, read on.)

I've lost about four pounds, so that was good. Probably from all the swimming we've been doing lately. (NOTE: Maria and I swam across the whole Crystal Lake on Sunday.. yes, I was very proud.)

In other news, I have finished the book of Genesis and I started the book of Exodus yesterday. I'm very surprised at all that I'm learning. The New International Version just puts it out there and although it catches me off guard sometimes, it is something that I understand.

So get this, Genesis 31:35 (NIV) "Rachel said to her father, "Don't be angry, my lord, that I cannot stand up in your presence; I'm having my period." So he searched but could not find the household gods."

But the King James Version says, "And she said to her father, Let it not displease my lord that I cannot rise up before thee; for the custom of women is upon me. And he searched but found not the images."

I would have NEVER read, "for the custom of women is upon me" and knew what it meant. Call me crazy, but that's what I say now.. kinda funny huh?

Oh yeah, Sunday I went to Ashley's (my brother Cory's girlfriend's) baby shower and won a game. You would know that the game was about pregnancy and motherhood and having never experienced either one, it was quite funny that I won.. of all the moms that were there, including my own. Yeah I got two really cool hair clips. :)

I must also give a very special "thank you so so so so much" to Tricia. You are the best, I love you tons!, and I can't thank you enough for everything that you've done for us. You are God sent and the many ways that you show your love and care and understanding is just incredibly generous of you and I will forever be grateful. Thank you!

1 comment:

Lacey said...

I am soo glad that you are giving this one more shot. Call me if you need to talk. I lvoe you guh!